Thursday, December 23, 2010

What is blogging and what does it mean?

I have begun to write a blog but I wanted to know more about the advent of blogging.  What does it mean to tell your own story in daily pages.  I recently met a woman that considered blogging publishing, however I had a adverse reaction to this in the beginning.  Do I really need to know about the daily goings on with life?  How do you get to the deeper things besides recipes and the cute thing that your cat did. (Recipes and cats stories always welcome, I might add.)  Then, I realize that it was a important way to communicate with others.  I would like raise the bar on my more critical self and give blogging a real chance.  What is a quality biography? Is it detail, honesty or amusement.  I am ready for the experiment.

Today went well.  I worked some, played some and watched a movie.  That is the end of today's story.  How about this?

Detail: The persistent rain is glorious in the desert.  Three damp nights and I dream of wild flowers.

Honesty:  I am falling short of my own expectations by eating food that is bad for me and I think I should return a piece of real silverware that was in the pile that somebody gave me.  But, I am worried as to whether to take the time to polish it or not.

Amusement:  The best pet moms are the ones whose animals have the luxury of ignoring them.

No comments:

Post a Comment